Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wishing time away

Time is precious, a commodity we have in a limited amount.  I usually attempt to make the most of each moment, hour and day, squeezing out life, light and love.

Sadly, today I find myself wishing time away as I wait to meet Wednesday with the neurosurgeon who is the co-director of the Winnipeg GammaKnife Centre.

My consult is on Wednesday with treatment tentatively scheduled for Thursday. I have so many questions waiting to be asked and the uncertainty rattles around in my brain, dancing with the endless ringing in my ears.  Will he decide I am not a good candidate for this type of radiosurgery?  Will he suggest something more invasive or a wait-and-see approach?

I continue to pray for the ability to swap my concerns for a sense of expectation and curiosity at what God will accomplish through this journey, knowing that He indeed has the ability to create order from chaos, beauty from ashes, and work all things into good for His Kingdom.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 NIV

Yes, I have often prayed for patience, and now the lessons come...

No comments:

Post a Comment